A New Generation of Medicine
Psygen is a manufacturer of pharmaceutical-grade psychedelic drug products for clinical research and therapeutic applications
Sign up for Updates!
The future of mental health and personal development is in psychedelics.
Psychedelics for Clinical Research
Psygen’s mission is to accelerate the research and development of psychedelic drugs for medicinal and therapeutic applications.
Psygen's Social Mandate
We are committed to donating up to 10% of all profits to our charitable foundation to provide access to therapy for low income populations, fund non-profit research programs and fund environmental programs.
• Former Director of Operations and General Manager, Aurora Cannabis.
• Extensive knowledge providing foundational experience with the intricacies of good manufacturing
• Strong understanding of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and the associated regulations.
• Longtime proponent of psychedelic medicines.
• 5+ Years in Cannabis industry; built a GMP facility and scaled from 2 to 60 employees.
• Formerly 18+ year CEO of a private bioanalytical company.
• Previous Adjunct Professor in the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University
• Leading Psygen’s research focused on the chemistry, synthesis, and luminescent properties of
lysergamides and tryptamines and their potential therapeutic applications.
• Actively engaged in cGMP manufacture of several classical psychedelics for use in a wide range of
clinical trials, and in biotechnological research that may lead to novel ways of assembling psychedelic
• Master of Business Administration degree from the Schulich School of Business at York University.
• Completed Executive Education at Harvard Business School.
• 10+ years of experience as a public company board member of both TSX and TSXV listed companies
with expertise in finance, risk management, strategy and governance.
• Managed portfolios for global investment strategies in both debt and equities.
• Senior roles in mergers and acquisitions, investment banking, and institutional equity research at both
global and domestic investment banks.
• Canadian Lipper Fund Award Winner (2012) recognizing funds that have excelled in delivering
consistently strong risk-adjusted performance, relative to their peers.
• Member of the Board of Directors and Audit Committee Chair of Avivagen Inc. (TSXV: VIV) since 2016.
• 6 years education in critical care and aviation retrieval medicine.
• 17+ years Advanced Life Support/Critical Care Paramedic.
• 3 years Assistant Medical Director for HERO Client Rescue, Port Au Prince, Haiti.
• Previous social media manager for BC flight paramedics.
• Entrepreneurial development and manager for a small company with 8 employees.
• Extensive experience in creative leadership and client care.
Crystal’s passion for bringing people together led her to a career in media and PR. With over 18 years’ experience in media at a national level as a producer/host, working with Global News, ET Canada, Financial Buzz and many other media outlets across North America.
In her role as an international advisor for the MedCann World Forum, Crystal worked with global industry experts and professionals. The knowledge she acquired through this experience directed her to invest in and advise cannabis companies in Canada, Israel, and Europe.
There is an excellent sense of harmony, and contagious energy in everything that she does, whether facilitating change, leading the team, building a brand, or connecting the right people.
• Former Chief Technology Officer at InnvTek.
• R & D experience: biomedical device development, petroleum/
chemical engineering, clean energy process development.
• Comprehensive technical, business and research background.
• Extensive experience building and operating laboratory facilities.
• Research associate National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India.
• Researcher at Sagami Chemical Research Centre & Okayama
University of Science, Japan.
• Research Chemist at five Canadian Pharmaceutical companies.
• Experience covers a broad spectrum of synthetic chemistry, medicinal
chemistry, total synthesis, methodologies and Process R&D.
• Published in 20+ peer-reviewed scientific journals.
• University of Alberta lead chemist develop the process for the
production of synthetic APIs for Psygen’s pilot project.
• 18 years experience in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and
medicinal cannabis industry.
• Security clearance with Health Canada.
• Former Quality Control Manager at H&H Labs, Colorado.
• Extensive knowledge of Quality Systems in Food, Herbal
Supplements, Drinks and Beverages, Human and Pet Food
Supplements, and Natural Products industry – cGMP, GLP, working
with: FDA, CFIA, HC, USDA, implementing: HACCP, SQF, 21 CFR
Part 110 and 111.
group at Purdue University for 24 years.
• Specializes in the synthesis of a wide range of psychedelic
compounds and has made significant improvements in the synthesis
of psilocybin, LSD, phenethylamines, and related substances.
• Created many of the psychedelic drugs used in studies around the
world over the past three decades.
• Responsible for the development of new chemical entities (NCE’s)
and IP for Psygen Labs.
• Adjunct Professor of the UBC School of Population and Public Health
• Current committee member of the BC Health Officers Council (drug
• Practicing counsellor specializing in problematic substance use and
critical incident debriefing for those who have experienced traumatic
• Published multiple times on the issue of drugs and drug policy
in publications such as the Canadian Journal of Public Health,
International Journal of Drug Policy, Harm Reduction Journal, and
International Encyclopedia of Public Health.
• Currently conducting research on the brain mechanisms underlying
LSD, psilocybin, and DMT in collaboration with Dr. Robin Carhart-Harris and others from the Imperial College London Center for Psychedelic Research.
• Lead or co-author on 12+ peer-reviewed publications.
• Book contributor on topics including psychedelics, meditation, daydreaming, and the default-mode network.
• Creator of the YouTube channel – ‘The Psychedelic Scientist’ - where he discusses the latest findings in psychedelic science.
• MSc Pharamacology, University of Toronto.
• Currently completing a postdoctorate at UBC Psychiatry, facilitating
the clinical evaluation of a natural health product for opioid withdrawal.
• Contributing writer for Psychedelic Science Review.
• Previous research projects investigated breakthrough therapies for depression, particularly ketamine and deep brain stimulation (DBS).
Johns Hopkins University.
• Fogerty Fellowship at the Intramural Research Program of the NIH
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
• Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine,
• Research, Education, and Evaluation Medical Manager, Burnaby
Centre for Mental Health and Addiction.
• Psychiatrist with training and a research background in epidemiology
as well as preclinical and clinical behavioral pharmacology.
• Received his PhD from the University of British Columbia, where his research focused on ethnopharmacological investigations of ayahuasca and oo-koo-he, two indigenous Amazonian psychedelic medicines.
• Completed postdoctoral studies at the Helicon Foundation in San Diego, the Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacology at NIMH and the Department of Neurology at Stanford University.
• Educator in Ethnopharmacology, Botanical Medicines and Plants in Human Affairs in the Center for Spirituality and Healing at the University of Minnesota
• Among pharmacologists is considered to be one of the world’s top experts on psychedelics.
• Founding president of the Heffter Research Institute.
• Published approximately 250 scientific reports and book chapters, all describing the relationship between the structure of a molecule and its biological effects.
• Previously the Robert C. and Charlotte P. Anderson Distinguished Chair in Pharmacology at Purdue University.
• Former professor at Purdue University and the Indiana University School of Medicine.
• Adjunct professor at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy, Chapel Hill, NC.
• BA English Literature, Simon Fraser University.
• Psychotherapist, health care systems planner, and an independent researcher with interests in public and primary health, ecopsychology, policy reform, and consciousness studies.
• Previously held positions in academia, non-profit organizations, and government, including First Nations organizations.
• Currently manages a private counselling practice and does independent consulting.
• Partner and patent agent at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP.
• Expert in intellectual property and regulatory law.
• Co-chair of the National Cannabis Industry Focus Group.
• Advised multiple federal cannabis licensees, and has experience assessing patentable products and technology, the patent application process, and patent litigation.
• 10+ years providing business advisory, corporate governance and legal services to companies in the cannabis, psychedelics, technology and energy industries.